It May Save Your Life. The FILE OF LIFE is a mini-medical history posted on the outside of one's refrigerator.
The FILE OF LIFE card enables medics to obtain a quick medical history when the patient is unable to offer one. The card, which is kept in a red plastic pocket labeled FILE OF LIFE, lists the patient's name, emergency medical contacts, insurance policy and social security numbers, health problems, medications, dosages, allergies, recent surgeries, religion, doctor's name and a health care proxy. The file stays on your refrigerator and is easy to find. Huntley Fire Departments’ emergency personnel are trained to look for the red pouches and door stickers.
Benefits to police officers
- Faster help for citizens in emergencies. Maximum use of officer's time.
Benefits to emergency rescue teams
- Instantly know medical history of patient. Corrective treatment can begin at once.
Benefits to hospital emergency staff.
- On arrival, data is immediately available to medical staff. No wasted time getting information from a confused patient.
Benefits to each individual
- Peace of mind knowing they have prompt and quality care.
- Easy access to potentially life-saving information.
- Assurance that proper persons will be notified quickly.
- Renewed sense of community spirit.
There is no cost for the FILE OF LIFE. Questions? Click here to request for more information about the program. You can also contact The Huntley Fire Protection District at (847) 669-5066.
Business owners have saved millions of dollars by using the Knox Rapid Entry System. The Knox system allows firefighters immediate access to locked buildings, storage rooms, elevators, gates and other secured areas without causing property damage from forced entry procedures.
The KNOX-BOX® is purchased from the Knox Company by the property owner and mounted near a building entrance. It contains keys, electronic access cards, floor plans Haz-Mat data and other vital building information firefighters will need when responding to an alarm. The fire department controls the master key giving them immediate access to handle any emergency at any time.
If you are interested in installing a KNOX-BOX® within the Huntley Fire Protection District, please contact Fire Prevention at 847-669-2997 for an order form. Additional information on the Knox system can be found at Knoxbox.com.
Some reasons to why you should install a KNOX-BOX®:
- Eliminates needless, costly forced entry damage.
- Ensures immediate building entry by fire personnel.
- Eliminates waiting for building keys.
- Protects inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage by delays in sprinkler shut-off.
- Maintains building security.
- Building was not damaged during forcible entry; it can be re-locked after alarm investigation.
- The KNOX-BOX® system is attack resistant and UL listed to meet extreme climate and environmental conditions.
- Increases your peace-of-mind knowing that only fire personnel hold the key to the KNOX-BOX® and that they can quickly respond to an emergency without your presence.